7.25.2005

Musings for a Monday Evening

I came home from work, not late, and promptly collapsed into a one hour nap. Bella crawled up on my chest and looked into my eyes. She then put her chin down on me and began to purr. When that did not get her what she wanted, she headbutted my hand softly until I stroked her head and back. In that way we dozed off together. Bella (The Attack Cat aka Six Pounds of Attitude) loves her daddy.

Now, why am I so darned tired?

Saturday we did some yardwork around the house. It was not heavy work. However, it was hot for this neck of the woods with temperatures in the 90s. I think it pretty well wore me out.

There is a lot on my mind these days. My busy mind is slow to go to sleep at night. Then, at 5:30 in the morning, there is my brain waiting for me on the headboard saying, "We need to talk." Sometimes my brain is not my friend.

I know I need to be making some serious decisions about my life in the coming months. At the same time things keep happening that distract me from moving on with life. The serious neck injury being a good example.

Tonight I'm going to try to get into bed early and curl up with a John Grisham novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home