3.10.2006

Now, There Is Something You Don't See Every Day

Well, at least you don't see snow around here all that often, though it is the second time in a week. This snow was a bit heavier than last week's dusting.

I went up the Laureles Grade between Carmel Valley and Salinas. At about 1200 feet it was sleeting. Sleeting! Can you imagine such a thing? I stopped and looked across at Toro Mountain, and this was the sight that greeted me.

I grabbed the little Fuji S 5000. I was not about to take the time to set up my beloved Minolta 700si. Hey man, this was a "grab and run" thing, besides I have a terrible cold.

Now that I've shared our natural catastrophe with all of you, I'm grabbing my downe comforter, a good book and going to bed.

6 Comments:

Blogger MBrown said...

This is a great shot John!
The composition in the way that the trees help to hold everything into place, the play of light and depth, ... a wonderful piece!!

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger micki said...

Beautiful photo. Glad you grabbed and ran.

I think everyone's got something. Six of the seven of us have been sick for a week. Hope you're feeling well before the end of the book.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:02:00 AM  
Blogger ndiginiz said...

Tena koe ehoa
Anything that is seemingly out of the ordinary has got to be really interesting and this sure is too! Your grab and run analogy is great and the Fugi captures some awesome sights.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger sandig said...

Hope you feel better soon. Thanx for visiting my blog. It has been nice visiting yours for the first time. -I will be back. :)

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The snow is such a contrast the to perfectly lush green foregroud. Great capture.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Beautiful shot. Very nicely framed.

I always grab and run. Maybe I should slow down a little with my photog. Problem is...most of my subjects just won't stay put. Heh!

Monday, March 13, 2006 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home