7.28.2006

East of Eden

For you Steinbeck fans, this is the place that inspired the book. His love for The Salinas Valley was a lifelong affair. He was born, raised and is buried here.

This picture again captures what a polarizer can do. The sky could very well have been totally washed out let alone show the wispy sirius clouds. I am a big fan of polarizers and they are mounted permanently on most of my lenses.

Photo:
Minolta 700si
Quantaray 70-300mm w/ polarizer
Kodak HD
Photoshopped to grayscale

3 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

As well they should be, as many gorgeous landscapes you shoot! Lovely image!

Friday, July 28, 2006 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger Panthera said...

I agree but I still only have a small poinnt and shoot and none that fit it ... I just use my sunglasses (",)

Friday, July 28, 2006 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger TheTart said...

Beautiful! Nice to hear how it was done too.

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

Saturday, July 29, 2006 10:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home