8.14.2006

Dusk in the Hills

Last night I went in search of a sunset at the shore. When I left home about 6:00 things were looking good. But when I got down to Monterey and Carmel the fog began to rear its ugly head. I headed south on Rte 1. The sun was still shining on the hills down by Bixby Bridge and Point Sur, so off I raced. By the time I got there, the Gods of Fog had closed in on me. So, I turned around and zipped back into the hills beyond the fog and was just barely able to catch the end of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ptelea said...

I had to laugh - there are storm chasers and then there are sunrise/sunset chasers. I have chased quite a few just like your "Dusk in the Hills" It is a lot safer than chasing a storm and there is at least one chance per day!!

Monday, August 14, 2006 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Well, you did a good job! It paid off big time!!

Monday, August 14, 2006 7:31:00 PM  
Blogger micki said...

A couple of amazing images here, John!!

I chased one sunrise and one sunset this past weekend, myself.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home