9.08.2006

Yesterday at The Golden Gate

I spent the last couple of days on the road. I went up to Sacramento for my granddaughter Ava's birthday and came back through the Bay Area on the way home to Monterey Bay. I only meant to spend a short while there and ended up staying for about six hours. I went to Treasure Island, where oddly enough I have never been, and was delighted with the views of the city from there. I then went on into the city and up to Alamo Square (see the previous post of the victorian homes and skyline) and then on over to The Golden Gate, Baker Beach and Lands Ends. It was a delightful afternoon

I shot a LOT of digitals and several film frames. I'll take the film in for scanning to disc later today.

Any idiot can shoot great pictures in this magical city.

Click on photo for full sized image.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to correct your statement "Any idiot can shoot great pictures in this magical city" with this one: "Any idiot can shoot beautiful pictures in this magical city". Shooting something that I would call "great" is quite a different challenge in San Francisco, and anywhere in the world for that matter.

Friday, September 08, 2006 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

LOVE the sailboat and the close up view!! You sure do live in a neat section of the country.

Friday, September 08, 2006 6:23:00 PM  
Blogger Monterey John said...

I think manu has chastised me! :) But he is right, there is a big difference between pretty pictures and great pictures. Now if I could only figure out which is which.

Friday, September 08, 2006 10:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chastised, huh? (I had to lookup that word in the dictionary - just to confirm that I'm an idiot) ;-)

I was just making a comment. Folks often think good photos have to be beautiful.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 1:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home