7.23.2005

Coming up on the One Year Anniversary

Wellllll... in the immortal words of Frank O'Pinion back in Saint Louis. Where have I been? Where am I? Where am I going now? Yesterday I heard from another expatriate from Columbia who is now in New Mexico. R (I'll protect her anonymity so she is not embarassed by any association with me) was one of my favorite people there. She is a wicken (sp?) and married to a university professor. She rescues stray beagles. She kept a beta fish on her desk and we enjoyed touching his bowl with a pen and describing how ferocious he was when he reacted. She recently became a mom. Reading her etchings on her personal blog left me feeling SO deficient in providing detail on how I feel as to what is going on with me and around me. I'll lay down and think about it until the urge passes to write that sort of thing. Hey, that's personal! But, things certainly have changed in these twelve months. I'll be thinking about that in the coming days. I'll continue to resist writing anything about it, but who knows, I just might weaken. I do remember fondly coming through Echo Valley north and east of Salt Lake City. It was the first time I felt captivated by the West. Then there was the Salten Sea and the Bonneville Salt Flats on the Utah/Nevada border. I do remember feeling awed and a bit insignificant. There's a meditation in there somewhere.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know I was one of your favorite people... you were certainly one of mine :)

Paigemom

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home