1.26.2006

A New Old Toy

For camera freaks, and I qualify, this lovely old Canon A1 is one of the finest cameras ever made. I was able to acquire one that has been fully restored, and it is just a gem. I have wanted one of these for twenty years.

I have some really good glass to go with it, a Sigma 70-200mm and a Canon 35-70mm macro.

Using this camera is like the difference between a stick shift and an automatic transmission on a car. There is nothing wrong with an automatic transmission, but sometimes you just want the added control, and this baby has it.

It is the perfect companion to my Minolta 700si which is the cream of the crop in autofocus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clo said...

The year that camera was on market, the consumer report classified it as the "Cadillac" of camera! I remember that because it's the one my father bought to me 28 years ago from a guy who decided to sale it away. I still have it but it need to be repaired. And I will, because before having a digital, it was the only camera I ever had.
I always found that just looking through that camera was such a great pleasure... :O)

Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home