3.26.2006

MJ Re-Surfaces - Gets New Toy and Other Happenings

First for the toy: cast your eyes to the left, that is a Tokina 100-300mm f4 for my trusty A1. Yep, I said f4. I Googled the the heck out of this lens and found nary a bad word. In fact, all the reviews were raves. I can not wait to put this baby to work.

As for where I have been and what I have been doing, well, a couple things: first, I have been putting a lot of free time into putting a video together. In fact, the previous post links to an early cut of that video. It is a labor of love if not particularly high art

Then there is Christine... last Monday she had a small stroke and fell. So we spent that day at the hospital. She was admitted and was there until Friday. We got her home Friday afternoon. Then, this afternoon, she fell again. We spent from 1:00 in the afternoon until 9:30 at the ER. Nothing major. She is back home. Sigh.

So, MJ has not been posting much of late.

5 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

Beautiful new lens! Have fun and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hope all is going better at home now. My prayers are for all of you.

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John, I am a retiree from CHOMP now living in Sedona, AZ. "Great lens," I heard that from my buddy in San Francisco. Hope all is well with Christine. Keep taking those photos...and finish that video. I'll be back.

Monday, March 27, 2006 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Good to have you back and I hope she gets better.

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Looks like a nice lens. Don't know anything about this one. Have fun!!

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Noticed you weren't around for a few days. Good to hear everything is o.k.

Enjoying your videos as well as the pictures. Take care.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home