6.20.2006

Carnival of Film - Day 1 - San Benancio Road - Monterey County, California

I am posting the first of what should be several days of images done on film. I have come to believe that the color is more true and interesting on film than it is in digital. Digital simply appears to be over-saturated. I realize Mr. Photoshop can fix that, but I just prefer the look of film.

Update: after looking at the first image, I realized I needed a polarizer fror my Tokina 70-210mm to give the sky some pop. That is a 77mm polarizer... there goes my lunch money.



5 Comments:

Blogger Ptelea said...

This top image is stunning - I really like the sun showing on the distant hills and the haze covered background hill/mountain. I think you have captured the essence of this environment. I also like the last image with its view from under the tree!

I know nothing about filters or polarizers. Would a polarizer make the sky look more blue?

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice "country side" shots! cheers :)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Love the top image, both are very pretty.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:45:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

JUst realised the top one is part of this series not it's own post. It's a lovely landscape. Polarizers are awesome, but that size is going to cost, yikes.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:47:00 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Lovely, beautiful FILM images! So all went well with the ISO settings? I got back five shots from my daughter's birthday I had taken with a different camera! Woo Hoo! One was perfect for this year's picture to hang on the wall.

I have to buy an 86mm polarizer this week. Let's sit in pain together.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home