6.18.2006

Back for Film Safari - The Film Cameras

I use a Canon A-1 and Minolta 700 si with a pretty wide variety of lenses.

The lense on the Canon in the pic is a Tokina 70-200 mm f 4.5 (constant). This is a very serious piece of glass and delivers some remarkable results when the photographer doesn't screw up. The Canon is now used for almost all my tripod shooting. It is precise in the extreme, but not quick to use.

The Minolta 700 si is the best of the fully autos. It will be the foundation for when and if i make the jump to digital SLR as I have a lot of glass and it all fits the Maxxum 5d. I use this camera now mostly for hand-helds as it is very quick.

I love film. It has a more etheral quality than digital. It also is extremely demanding. However, it lacks that immediate gratification of digital, not to mention knowledge of the results in a timely fashion so that corrections can be made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home