8.16.2006

Big Sur - A Wild Flower in Late Afternoon Light

I will be taking the film in this morning. In the meantime, I'm playing with the digitals I took. They really are not all that bad. The wind co-operated for this macro.

It was a warm and glorious afternoon. I spent most of my time on an overlook about 10 miles south of the booming metropolis of Big Sur. The place was crawling with German, Japanese and French tourists.

I did not think about it at the time, but I was wearing my "Keep Them Flying" B-17 baseball cap.... hopefully the Germans did not notice. I doubt they have much interest in keeping them flying.

I took lots of photos for folks. "Would you mind..." Well, I'm sure you know the drill.

By five o'clock, I found myself alone on this beautiful clifftop. The fog was beginning to build out to sea. I knew there would be no sunset shots. But there there was the late afternoon sun with its shadows and colors. Hopefully the film picked it up and the phtographer did not mess them up.

We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home