8.25.2006

Dreary Day at the Coast

Took my beloved Canon A-1 and the Tokina lens in hopes of getting something nice with late afternoon light. Well, that did not happen. Now I realize that good things can be done on a cloudy day, and I'll wait to see what comes back after the film is processed.

Why do I like the Tokina lens so much? It is a 100-300mm lens and is very fast for something that large, f 3.5 constant. It also has very little distortion usually associated with such a lens. It achieves this with a whopping 77mm front glass. As an old timer, I am also partial to it being made of steel. It is rugged in the extreme. With all of that comes a lot of weight.

Anway, when I got there, the coastal fog was out in its full glory. I shot a few film frames and several digitals (ugh!) which you see here. I'll post the film later next week.

Photos
Fuji S5000 digital w/ polarizer





Click on photo, other than videos, for full sized image.

3 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

These images are beautiful, John...just lovely. I especially like the top one, well composed.

Saturday, August 26, 2006 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

You always have the nicest shots! You should try and sell some of these if you don't already.

Saturday, August 26, 2006 7:02:00 PM  
Blogger Panthera said...

More beautiful photo's I love the top one ... any photo's about the ocean appeals to me but these are some of my favourites. Have a good week

Sunday, August 27, 2006 6:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home