7.29.2005

The City by the Bay

In 2000 I came back to San Francisco for the first time since I was a child. I was born across the Bay in Berkeley. (Friends who know me well think that is just a riot.) I have always loved the area.

San Francisco is weird, outrageous and the people who run it seem to be in closer touch with the mothership than they are with the rest of this country. Long gone are its roots with the Italian immigrants, the railroad robber barons, the Chinese businessmen, merchants and fishermen, the military and everything else that made the city what it once was. Yet it remains great, cutting edge and one of the most beautiful and cosmopolitan cities in the world. I love the place.

So I'll devote a few posts to the town where I left my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home