7.23.2005

One of those Random Musings

I guess I know why I am here.

It is really odd how things work out. I let my children down terribly as they were growing up, and now an opportunity has arisen to begin to in some degree to make things right. I am not too sure how far I will get in that regard in the years left to me. I do know that I am going to do whatever I can.

I would not have been here at all had fate not intervened. I was caught up in a layoff back in Missouri a little over a year ago. Shortly thereafter I was visiting my son Will here in California. I was not at all sure what I was going to do. I told him that I might relocate to California, an old friend had offered a home.

All Will said was, "Go for it, Dad."

And I did. And here we are. And here we go.

So, there will be no more looking back. As Satchel Page said, "Never look back, they're probably gaining on you." From this point forward, it is all about now and now and now. Plan for the future but live in the moment. And if we do "now" well, tomorrow will take care of itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home