9.25.2005

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

I just returned from the Foot Locker where I bought a nice pair of Adidas walking shoes. I am just fed up with having no energy. At my tender age, fiftyeight if you must know, feeling good just does not come for free like it did in the good old days, which I could swear were last week.

I was amazed when I went into the stores, Big 5 Sports and Foot Locker, what a MESS they were. They both looked like a teenager's bedroom. It was kind of depressing.

Further, the shoes are not on the floor. You look at the display shoe and then you ask someone to go get it in your size. I guess boosting shoes must be a problem. The sales person disappears into the back room and you wait for the verdict, have they got the style I want in my size? They did not have the number of sales people they needed, so there was much waiting around. Drum roll please. If they do not have your size in that shoe, then you start over. This process could go on forever.

But, I found what I wanted, and so here I sit proud as can be in my new shoes... blogging. Man, I can feel the increased speed and muscle tone. The heart rate must be all the way up to 75. We're pumping here boy!

I'm telling myself I'll go out after dinner.

I have noticed the decline in my physical condition over the last year in particular. I used to be a reasonably fit guy all my life. But now? I get winded and my legs hurt without much effort being put into walking. Kind of sounds like heart and vascular stuff, doesn't it?

My last physical in July was fine. That means I'm not going to keel over anytime in the immediate future. But as for quality of life, the salad days are way in my past.

Time to get going!

MontereyJohn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home