5.05.2006

Have Not Been Posting Much of Late...

Guess I'll post a small rant.

Seems like everything happens at once. Dental problems, work problems, family problems,
IRS problems, and just to leaven to loaf, a small skin cancer on my forehead. It just has been a trifle overwhelming the last couple of weeks.

Important safety tip from a lawyer, do NOT ignore the IRS. Duh! I kept meaning to get with them and work something out.... ouch. Well, at least that is resolved.


Teeth, well, it could have been worse, but not much Got some very serious stuff that has to be done and I'm in for thousands of dollars. Please, send lots of sympathy, or in lieu thereof, CASH.

Christine, the poor old dear, is clearly losing her mind to Alzheimers. It is so distressing. Anita, her daughter, is bearing up, but the burden is definitely telling on her.

Then there are my kids... in God's time I tell myself. There is much healing to do there. But that is beyond my power other than to do what I can and leave the rest to Him.

Then there is this little thingie on my forehead. Irishmen do not belong in California. Too much sun and not enough melanin (sp?). But I do love it here.

So there you are dear friends, the grim ugly struggle continues :)

PS - that is the bottom of a rainbow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ptelea said...

beautiful photo. good luck with the forehead thingie - as a scottish/english-heritage person living in Colorado, I can relate. That is also why I love to photograph the sunrise. As soon as it is fully up - I retreat!

Friday, May 05, 2006 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Hang in there.

At the risk of presuming on your comment-space:
Since life is nothing if not change and flow, during the times things are stinky I wait for the wheel to turn. As it will.

On the implicit but very good side of things?

You're taking care of yourself enough to get your teeth fixed, your skin repaired, and you're not locked away in a private purgatory -- you have opened yourself to other people, and are still finding rainbows.

Friday, May 05, 2006 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Our prayers are with you, John. I continue to enjoy your photography.

Friday, May 05, 2006 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger micki said...

Appropriate photo; lifting you up in prayer, my friend.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 4:45:00 AM  
Blogger jkirlin said...

Good luck, Bro.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

You certainly have a lot of stuff on your plate. I pray the Good Lord gives you the strength you need to find peace. Be well.

This image is striking and very appropriate.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home