6.28.2006

Carnival of Film - Day 9 - High in the Sierra

Took this up in Yosemite above the valley floor. This is not a great exposure and could stand some manipulation. However, I liked the low shutter speed effect.

Shot this with the trusty-rusty Minolta 700si using Quantaray 70-300mm and Kodak Porta film.

BTW - I don't think Portra is worth the greatly increased cost over something like Kodak Ultra Color for my purposes. Perhaps there are uses where Portra shines, but for me I am content with Ultra Color or HD.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John - nicely exposed! I also posted a similar shot today...great minds do think alike hey?

Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:50:00 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Nice effect, John.

I agree, Ultra Color is my current favorite color film.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:24:00 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Hey John, I've really been enjoying the Carnival of Film. Keep up the great work. Lovely waterfall shot today.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home