9.28.2005

Well, I'm Awake Now...

Here it is 4:30 AM... my physical pfffftness program put me in bed bright and early last night. Geez, I'm a mess. Well, no time to start turning things around like the present.

I've been engaged in an argument over at another blog to which I am a contributor, or in their parlance, a co-conspirator. I was told I was an alarmist, defeatist, silly etc even by folks of like-mind. It looks like Alan Greensapn is going to ride to my rescue today in a speech. Well, soon as I heard that, I had to make a gloating post.

So now I'm awake.

My friend Gerri called me last night and I did not even return the call. Not much of a way to keep friends. But my gosh, I was TIRED. I'll get hold of her today and ask for forgiveness for what must be the twentieth time.

Work has been stressful. I'm working with a fellow who is basically running off a book of business. When that is done so will my job be done. I'm just feeling too old to go out and look again.

That concern is a good part of the reason I'm starting to focus on physical fitness. I need to raise my endurance levels a lot if I'm going to make it in this environment. This California place is for young folks, and I'm no young folk.

This weekend is the Salinas Airshow... ALRIGHTY! Things that go zoom! I love the smell of JP-A in the morning, it smells like victory! After burners are a turn-on. Feeling your internal organs vibrate as a bunch of F-16s come crashing through the air a hundred feet over your head is just awesome. My innerchild, Bart (as in Simpson) just loves that sort of stuff.

The static displays of the old war birds are wonderful too.

Then there is The Renaissance Faire over in Hollister next weekend.

Then the weekend after that I'll head up to the Sierras to catch some Fall color.

This weekend is Christine's 90th birthday.

So, there is a lot going on that is really good.

But oh my, I need way more energy!

MontereyJohn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home