3.31.2006

Now if Only It Would Stop Raining

I'd put this behemoth to work!

So, why a Canon A1?

As you all know, I am a film dinosaur. They will get my film cameras when they pry them from my dead twitching fingers... or when they stop processing film :)

The A1 is the stick shift sports car to my Minolta 700si grand touring machine. The A1 is not auto focus. It is precisely the sort of camera I grew up with but with the addition of superb metering. It is programmable in either shutter or aperture priority, that's all the automation I want or usually need. I feel an extra measure of control, and I like that feeling.

Here my baby sits atop my prized Bogen tripod. We are ready to take on the world... if only it would stop raining.

3 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

Oh, this shot makes my heart go pitty pat pat!

Darn rain.

Like the blooms below this photo, too.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 4:31:00 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Wow the camera lens makes me soo jealous. Makes my lens look like a little stump

Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your analogy. I've always said that cameras are like cars in so many ways. I still have a Canon AE-1 and a few lenses to go with it. It was the type of camera I used when I was about six, following my mother around.. Going back to it now after being in digital so long is a lot like going from an automatic to a stick..
Tsk.. I need lots more driving practice. I keep "slipping my clutch".
Great shot of an old classic. Thank you for sharing. I wouldn't mind having an old medium format to play with one day myself.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 7:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home