5.06.2006

Getting a Snort of Sanity

Stepped out to take in a little of God's glory, and Anita's handiwork. Getting a "snort of sanity," as I like to call it, during the trying times. In years gone by, it would have been a snort of something entirely different.

Here are some digitals of how I spent a little time today.

Hauled out the Canon A-1 and the howitzer Tokina 100-300mm and the macro. Shooting up some film stuff. As Micki knows, film is still my thing. But, who knows when I'll get around to having this processed.

We finally are getting some warm and sunny weather. Everything in the garden is popping. It smells like a French bordelo in the back yard, not that I would know what a French bordelo smells like :)

8 Comments:

Blogger jkirlin said...

That is some tripod you got there.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John - impressive set-up you have there! the photos are so sharp & the colours amazing! Nice to hear your weather is improving..the weather here is quite miserable at present and when ever the sun breaks through I get out with camera and take full advantage!! cheers ;)

Sunday, May 07, 2006 2:57:00 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Great set up, I get excited just looking at it. Those blue and pink daisy like flowers are so gorgeous!!

When you're done shooting the film, drop it into a 5x7 envelope and mail it off to my lab...www.yorkphoto.com They'll develop it-$1.95, scan it-$0.99 and have it back to you in a week-$1.30 s&h. I haven't been disappointed yet, and I don't have to drive to the lab. You print off the postage paid label and order form right from their site. Try it out!!

Sunday, May 07, 2006 3:04:00 AM  
Blogger Ptelea said...

Thanks for a look at the potential of my back yard. We are behind because of climate and my neglectful gardening skills. Call it lack of time. If only I could put down the camera long enough to.....

Your colors are beautiful!

Sunday, May 07, 2006 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger ndiginiz said...

Tena koe ehoa
Thats some fine mchinery you've got there MJ! The results you get with your machinery are very beautiful as well.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I absolutely love the second last photo of this post. Fabulous.

Monday, May 08, 2006 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

What a gorgeous garden you have. A little slice of heaven on earth. Lovely.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos of the flowers. Nice colours and focus.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home