5.30.2006

In the High Sierra

What a great weekend. I enjoy getting up into the mountains. That's one thing about California, if you are bored with the scenery where you are, drive for an hour and it will be different. This is up by Donner Pass at Emigrant Gap on the Washington Trail at 6000 ft or so on the way to Nevada City and Gold Country.

I spent this weekend in Roseville in Placer County just to the east of Sacramento with my son and other family. A good time was had by all. Most importantly I got to visit with my granddaughter in addition to exploring a bit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

I posted a mountain picture today too. I like yours better. Vancouver has some similar advantages as California I guess, but I think you have more to work with in your state.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Nice to hear you had a great weekend! Beautiful shot, John. I can see why you love your area so much.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:14:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

A bit nippy up here, my friend. I don't know what Placer County was like, but at South Lake Tahoe (El Dorado County), it snowed 2 inches on Saturday morning at the Lake elevation and more at the top. It was all gone by Sunday.

I thought Donner Pass was higher. I haven't been there in a few years, but your picture sure is pretty.

I was up at Nevada City about a month ago...beautiful place.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger TheTart said...

Beautiful, I would love to be there right now. Thx for the great view!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:05:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful!

I am glad to hear you all had a good time.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 6:05:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I absolutely love California. If it weren't so expensive, I'd probably life in Carmel or Big Sur. I just LOVE that area. As a matter of fact, I've loved all of the areas in CA that I've seen, except Los Angeles!

California has so much going for it with regards to scenery. The attitude, to protect it, is right too. :-)
Paul

Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home