6.16.2006

Two Years AgoToday The Rest of My Life Started

Welllllllll, life is full of surprises, some of them even result in good things.

As Lincoln famously quotes the fellow who was ridden out of town on a rail, "If it weren't for the honor of the thing, I would just as soon have walked."

On June 16th, 2004 I and many of my fellow workers were laid off from our jobs. If you have ever lost a job, you know how that feels. Terrifying comes to mind. Then comes anger, yada, yada. Then comes loading the truck and getting out of Dodge.

At my tender age (?), I was not about to waste any more time. This time I was going to go and do what brought me some measure of happiness. And while the results of that decision have been less than perfect, I have not regretted for a moment making it.

My goodness, that is one heck of a long drive.

And so the adventure began.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Good for you! This type things are often blessings.

Friday, June 16, 2006 9:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still miss my over the 'wall' buddy. I am glad that it all worked out for you. 'Is it time to go home yet?'

Friday, June 16, 2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Ptelea said...

It's never too late to start an adventure - glad you found what makes you happy. The world would be a better place if we all did that!

Friday, June 16, 2006 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger micki said...

Wow, that's longer than the move we made when my husband's company was bought out and all but he and two others were let go. That was 11 1/2 years ago, and we haven't looked back. Life is an adventure for sure!!

Saturday, June 17, 2006 5:01:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I've pretty much been in one of two towns my entire life. But that will all change in a few years...for the better, I hope!

You never know what is around the bend.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 1:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home