8.18.2006

Girl Atop a Cliff - Mal Paso, Big Sur

Ah, the film is back, my favored medium. But, alas, I made a mistake. The old Canon A-1 requires that you manually change the film speed (ISO). This picture is OK, but several others came out pretty grainy when Photoshopped to a proper look for exposure.

I was shooting out to sea over the cliffs when I looked over my shoulder and saw this girl on the cliff behind me. I turned and just pointed and shot. Lord only knows what she thought. But for me it was worth it to capture that moment.

Canon A-1
Canon 70-210mm
Kodak HD

And some advice from my brother: "Not a bad shot. Adding unidentified people finding solace or connection to the specific environment is excellent. Might want to keep a model release in the camera bag at all times. You'll never know when you might need it; or, like Sam Colt once said, 'when you need a gun, you need a gun.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home