10.16.2005

Writer's Bloc?

I got a comment from one of my favorite bloggers, and I realized just how long it has been since I posted anything.

Is it that I have nothing to say? Is it that I'm in a low grade depression and "numb?" Am I just not paying attention to what is going on around me and therefore have no comment?

Hell, I don't know.

I had been hoping to go up to Sacramento and see my granddaughter this weekend. But the new bankruptcy law takes effect tomorrow (Monday) and our office was like H&R block on April 14th. Having to pass on the trip disappointed me though the business is more than welcome.

Tonight I'm going to walk up on the hills behind the house, the old Fort Ord, and try to catch a sunset. I'll take the 35mm and the digital and maybe dress up this old blog a bit. The sun on Toro Mountain at that time of day is really dramatic, particulalrly if there any clouds and the beginnings of a fog bank. The shadows and the colors: gold, orange, red, blue and purple, are just a wonder. The light is something out of a Renaissance painting.

Speaking of weather things, it rained here Friday night. It was a harbinger of things to come. Winter is on its way to the Central Coast.

Well, I wrote a lot about not having anything to write about. I need to create some fresh material for myself. (Unlike Kitty, I don't have a little guy perpetually providing subject matter.) For
the moment, I'll do chores and await the dusk.

Here's a little something from the Central Coast to provide a bit of color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home