10.24.2005

Dusk in Yosemite

Oh my, was that glorious! Important Safety Tip: Do NOT try to leave Yosemite AFTER sunset. 7000 feet may not sound like much, but let me tell you descending in pitch black down an extreme switchback is not for the faint of heart (I went up this road in daylight last July, so I KNEW what would happen if I missed a curve. I crawled down in second gear. Then to top it off, my sense of direction failed me and the highway signs in California leave something to be desired. Next thing I knew I was back at 5000 feet in Sonora heading for the pass in the Sierra. (I was trying to get to Sacramento.) Stopped in a biker bar which was full of (duh!) bikers. Rather rough looking bunch that were actually very nice guys, and most of their tatoos appeared to be spelled correctly. I asked just how the heck do I get off this mountain? I got reliable instructions and eventually got to Sacramento. Spent a lovely day with granddaughter Ava, son Will and Sue. Oh well, wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home